HOW WE HELP BROKERS
One Benefit Source is more than just a traditional brokerage. We have realized that there are plenty of opportunities to work alongside other brokerage firms to find a unified solution for a mutual client. Because of our long tenure with Colonial Life, a leader in voluntary benefits, we are able to provide solutions to brokers without the need for taking away any existing business. Because of our symbiotic approach, we have developed an excellent reputation within the broker community. We will work with our broker partners to find and fill coverage gaps, handle enrollment requirements, as well as provide mutual clients with access to wellness programs, ERISA and ACA reporting, Section 125 management, HR software, and creative solutions for rising premium costs. Most of these are provided at no or low costs, and can be implemented with ease using our enrollment platform. Let's take a closer look at why we are the preferred voluntary benefits provider for brokers.
CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL OF THE AWARDS THAT COLONIAL LIFE HAS WON
Let's face it, setting up an enrollment can be very exciting, but also a bit stressful. Organizing benefit information, driving participation, hiring enrollment firms, maintaining compliance with ACA, and keeping plan administrators happy can be daunting. When it comes to enrolling the employees, we know that efficiency, compliance and participation are all key factors. Hiring enrollment firms can alleviate some of these concerns, but they can be costly. Utilizing in-house enrollers can be more economical, but requires a large contingent of educated enrollers who are familiar with a wide variety of products, which can make it challenging.
1-on-1 benefits counseling
93% of employers say it is very important that employees understand and appreciate the value of their benefits. But surprisingly, only 19% think they do*. This gap offers you an opportunity to differentiate yourself by providing this service at no cost to your clients. And you don’t have to become an expert in voluntary benefits – that’s our job. Think of it as having a nationally focused, locally based benefits counseling and enrollment team at your disposal.
Our benefit counselors can conduct your open enrollments, new hire and re-enrollments year after year. You and your clients can rest easy knowing we manage quality through:
- More participation & education.
- Survey of HR professionals at SHRM National Conference
- Post-enrollment surveys.
- Systematic benefits counselor oversight and tracking.
- Certification programs and ongoing re-certification.
- Case-specific training.
*Survey of HR professionals at SHRM National Conference
core and voluntary - our harmony enrollment system can do it all
No need to invest in an enrollment strategy – it’s covered with our celebrated Harmony® system.
Our 1-to-1 enrollment offers the best participation levels, most employee engagement and best opportunity to help guide employees through the decision-making process. We can tailor services to enrollment needs and employee schedules and provide turnkey enrollment for your client’s entire benefits program – core and voluntary. And you can be as involved as you choose.
Our flexible enrollment options include:
- 1-to-1 with our trained benefit counselors.
- 1-to-1 call center and co-browsing enrollment options.
- Web-based self-enrollment and group enrollment options for employees who can’t meet 1-to-1.
Whichever option best fits your clients’ needs, the web-based technology that powers them all is our simple-to-use Harmony® enrollment system.
With Colonial Life, you and your clients gain anytime, anywhere enrollment services, including new hire and subsequent year enrollments – often not supported by competitors.
Even better? You can offer these enrollment services to accounts of all sizes. We have no case-size restrictions. Whether your client has 3 employees or 30,000, you can offer them complete enrollment at no direct cost!
Take advantage of our expertise in:
- Large-case/multi-state enrollment.
- Small- to medium-sized account enrollment.
- Public sector.
- Benefits communication and enrollment consistency despite number of locations, states or shifts.
- Daily enrollment reporting.
Higher participation: It’s a Revenue Multiplier
Average 46% more in commissions with our 1-to-1 voluntary benefits model. Participation for 1-to-1 enrollment averages 46% higher than for self-enroll—and that’s based on national results* (ours are higher).
You can also help employees better understand their benefits. 97% of employees who meet with our benefits counselors say this 1-to-1 counseling increases their understanding**.
Increased understanding helps employees identify and cover their personal benefit needs. Better coverage can mean higher premium. And higher premium means higher revenue for you.
* Eastbridge Consulting Group, Inc., “Voluntary Participation Rates,” Spotlight Report, August 2010.
**Colonial Life post-enrollment surveys, 2010 cumulative results.
Easy Cost-Control Solutions: Subtract Cost, Add Value
Do more than spreadsheet health premiums. Offer real savings and value with our innovative solutions.
What does our voluntary benefits program offer your clients? More than you may realize! Voluntary benefits can help clients manage the bottom line and retain top talent.
For example, your client can offer a lower-priced high-deductible health plan and provide voluntary insurance to help cover the higher deductible. As an added bonus, offering voluntary benefits that qualify to be pre-taxed can lower payroll taxes with each enrolled employee.
Group Medical Bridge 1.0 Example
- Based on Colonial Life case with 100 benefit-eligible employees
- Increase deductible by $1,000
- Offer Group Medical Bridge 1.0 with $1,000 benefit
More Cost-Control Solutions
Better educated health care consumers: When employees make wiser health care choices – such as using generics, visiting the emergency room only for true emergencies, taking advantage of free health screenings, self-examination, living a healthier lifestyle, etc. – it can save them and their employer on health care costs. Our benefits counseling and education services – including wellness communications – can help create more educated health care consumers who make better financial and health care decisions.
- Tax savings: Free Section 125 Premium Only Plans through our alliances combined with higher participation in tax-advantaged core and VB products and flexible spending accounts save employers and employees valuable tax dollars.
- Dependent verification: Our dependent verification service for large-case accounts can help save your clients significant money with minimal disruption.
- Greater employee retention: Employee turnover costs thousands – often more than the departing employee’s salary*. Offering voluntary benefits and increasing employer appreciation provide great incentives for employees to stay with your client.
All these client benefits help position you as a full-service benefits provider, which means your clients won’t have to look elsewhere to meet their needs.
*American Management Association reports a range between 25 percent and 250 percent of annual salary per exiting employee, depending on the position, www.amanet.org.